Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Fourth - A Little Late

Photobucket

Our Independence Day was a hoot! My mom, dad, and brother came out to good ol' Orem to celebrate with us. We went swimming, ate yummy food and took naps. That was all before the actual festivities started! For the shindig, we headed to my dad's aunt and uncle's home. I guess they would be called my great aunt and uncle. This extended family thing is pretty confusing. We visited with lots of fam we haven't seen in awhile. The kids in the pictures that aren't mine are Maggie (the older one) and Kierra (the lil' one). Maggie is my dad's cousin's daughter and Kierra is my dad's cousin's daughter's little girl. Ha. We'll just call them our cousins because when it all comes down to it that's what they are! And it's so much easier than saying third cousins, or fourth cousins once removed, or something. Whatever the relationship, we love them! Sorry about the tangent...

Anyway, we ate some delicious food at the BBQ, and the babies got to play with the other kids. But Austin wasn't having any of it. He cried the entire time we tried to take a group baby picture. Typical. I was worried the babies would have a meltdown once the fireworks started. But they just sat and watched for about twenty minutes. Finally they broke down and there were lots of tears. I attribute their lack of enjoyment of my favorite holiday to the fact that it was about three hours past their bedtime. Still, it was fun to see my dad and brother light fireworks. And to my delight, aerial fireworks are legal now! This made for quite the display. After our meltdown, we went inside and watched through the front window while Austin and Avery drifted to sleep. We got home that night around midnight and boy were we beat! What a fun Fourth of July!

No comments: