Monday, December 7, 2009

It is winter. I'm not even kidding.

I usually dread winter, but I am actually excited for it to come this year. Why? I couldn't tell ya, but I just am. I still hate driving in snow, and walking to class in it is even scarier. But it is so pretty and it really feels like the holidays when there's white cold stuff covering everything.

Today I was on campus (like everyday) and I thought I'd take some pictures with my phone of our first big snow of the season. At least I thinks its our first, I could be wrong. In my mind it's the first...

I love when they light the trees on campus. I also love the Joseph Fielding Smith Building when it gets dark outside and can see the lights and spiral staircase all lit up. Yes, I spend way too much time on campus.

The JFSB and people trying not to slip and die on the ice. Do you see that snow plow on the left? One literally almost backed into me and some other people while walking to class. Snow is pretty, pretty dangerous...

Look at that huge pile of snow!

1 comment:

The Higginbothams said...

Cindy, your post brought back SO many memories, good and bad. I remember feeling so greatful for the beautiful snow one day as I walked home from campus. Then I saw your picture of campus, and I noticed the sun was setting. It made me depressed to think about all those hours on campus, walking to and from the HFAC in the dark. Oh well, it sure didn't last forever, and most days it seems like a lifetime ago. I hope you're enjoying the good things about being in school. We miss you guys. Have a merry Christmas!