Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe its already 2009. So much has happened since our last post. I know I haven't been very good about keeping a current blog, but with my friend Stacy's constant encouragement I think I'll be blogging more often :)

Well, we made it to Utah unscathed, found an apartment, found jobs, registered for classes, bought books, and survived our first few snow storms. We are actually finding that we love it here. We have good friends, Lance and Stacy, that we see pretty much every day. We are also meeting new people and catching up with old friends. The holidays were a little different for us this year. Andrew and I stayed home. We didn't feel completely safe driving in the weather, so we opted to have our first married Christmas alone. Our friends Joy and Alma came over for Christmas eve dinner. I even cooked, which is a huge accomplishment for me! I didn't even burn anything, and our apartment is still standing! We had fun eating, playing games, and watching almost a full season of Arrested Development. Christmas morning we woke up and got on our webcam with my family while opening presents. We figured that seeing them through the computer was the next best thing than actually being there. We had a good time lounging around the rest of the day doing nothing in particular.

We were feeling festive

Alexa came over to make little snowmen!

Visiting with the Nielsens on Christmas
Our first little tree

For New Year's Eve, we went to Lance's dad's house in Park City. Steve and Gail were so nice for letting us come over. The four of us went downtown for the evening and were amused by the drunkards and scantily clad women prancing around in sub zero temperatures. We had so much fun! The next day Stacy and I woke up early and went shopping while the boys went sledding with Steve. It was such a relaxing winter break! I'm so thankful that I have such great friends and family to spend these times with.

Park City!

Buddies

1 comment:

The Halladays said...

Constant encouragement...you BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!!

Love you